Back to Home Page
Think you may have Hail Damage?
Do Not Call Your Insurance Provider Without a Free and Honest Roof Inspection by Hallmark Roofing, Inc. Today!
What does your homeowner’s insurance cover?
Most insurance plans, depending on their conditions, will cover the cost of a full replacement for roofs damaged by hail and wind storms.
Hail Damage and Its Impacts
Fact: Hailstorms typically do not last for more than 15 minutes but can still cause catastrophic damage to your roof and home that may or may not be visible.
Damage to your roof may not seem obvious. However, it does not mean the storm did not cause damage to your roof. Signs of possible hail damage.
- Leaves and debris in pool, gutters, or scatted around the home
- Bruised or dimpled indentations on the roof surface
- Excess granules, on the ground which have exited downspouts of gutters
- Dents on metals such as flashing and gutters
Shingles Structure and Purpose
The average person does not understand what a roof shingle is, and the purpose of a granule on that shingle. Granules protect asphalt from sunlight and ultraviolet (UV) lightas well as enhance the beauty of your home. The asphalt will deteriorate very quickly once exposed to the sun, and the accelerated granule loss will significantly reduce the life of the shingle, which can and will lead to problems down the road.
Possible consequences form not filing a claim
- The claim will expire for the date of loss if not filed within your timeline
- Hail damage not taken care of will create more costly repairs down the road
- Mold, which may be not only costly but also dangerous